Our Lady of Talpa School’s curriculum follows Archdiocesan and California Common Core State Standards and is implemented daily by qualified and committed faculty and staff. We offer a student-centered, comprehensive program that utilizes age-appropriate methods to meet our students’ needs.
We provide a challenging, comprehensive, and relevant curriculum for each student that fulfills the school’s mission and philosophy, strengthens Catholic identity, and results in the achievement of our Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs).
Students receive instruction in Religion, Math, Language Arts (Reading, Writing, English, and Spelling), Social Studies, and Science. Students receive weekly instruction in Music, Art, Physical Education, and STEM.
Our Lady of Talpa School administers STAR Assessments to students in TK through 8th grade, and the ACRE Test (Assessment of Catechesis/Religious Education) to students in 5th and 8th grade.
Student Learning Expectations
Our Lady of Talpa School’s curriculum guides each student in an ongoing process to become the following:
- True Self-Disciplined Individual
– Strives to balance social, emotional, and physical well-being
– Demonstrates responsibility to the rules of school and society
- Active Vincentian Catholic
– Uses Jesus and our Vincentian Founders as a model to serve and respect others.
– Has strong foundation/ knowledge of catholic beliefs
- Lifelong learner
– Uses critical thinking skills to accomplish tasks and solve problems
– Values personal achievements and exceeds expectations
- Productive Citizen
– Serves their community with their time, talent, and treasure
– Appreciates and accepts diversity with compassion
- Aspiring leader
– Communicates and initiates solutions for the benefit of others
– Cooperates and innovates in challenging settings
Catholic doctrines, tradition, Bible Study, Social Justice, and preparation for the reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist are the main spiritual elements for all students. Eucharistic celebrations and feast days are held throughout the school year.
Superkids is a comprehensive, phonics-based English language arts curriculum crafted for grades K–2. More Info
Wonders, used in grades 3-5, is an evidence-based ELA program that empowers students to take an active role in learning and exploration. More Info
StudySync, used in grades 6-8, is a living curriculum, with rich multimedia and captivating resources added every day. More Info
McGraw-Hill My Math Learning Solution, used in TK, personalizes learning to target each student’s learning. More Info
Reveal Math, used in grades K-8, is a complete core math program and designed so all students can succeed in mathematics. More Info
Science / STEM
STEMscopes, used in grades TK-8, is a comprehensive suite of results-oriented STEM curriculum. More Info
LEGO® Education Spike & WeDo More Info
TCI social studies programs are used in grades 6-8. More Info
Physical Education, Music, Art Trek
Our Lady of Talpa School also utilizes adaptive software to further support students at different academic levels.
DreamBox (TK-1) More Info
Redbird Mathematics (2-5) More Info
Smarty Ants (K-1) More Info
Reading Horizons (2-8) More Info
ALEKS (6-8) More Info