Our Lady of Talpa School’s curriculum follows Archdiocesan and California State Standards and is implemented daily by qualified and committed faculty and staff. We offer a student-centered, comprehensive program that utilizes age-appropriate methods to meet our students’ needs.
We provide a challenging, comprehensive, and relevant curriculum for each student that fulfills the school’s mission and philosophy, strengthens Catholic identity, and results in achievement of our Schoolwide Learning Expectations.
Students receive instruction in Religion, Math, Language Arts (Reading, Writing, English, and Spelling), Social Studies, and Science. Students receive weekly instruction in Music, Art, Physical Education, and STEM.
Our Lady of Talpa School administers the STAR Assessment to students from TK to 8th grade, four times a year. The Archdiocesan ACRE Test (Assessment of Catechesis/Religious Education) is administered to students in 5th and 8th grade in the spring.
Student Learning Expectations
Our Lady of Talpa School’s curriculum guides each student in an ongoing process to become the following:
- True Self-Disciplined Individual
– Strives to balance social, emotional, and physical well-being
– Demonstrates responsibility to the rules of school and society
- Active Vincentian Catholic
– Uses Jesus and our Vincentian Founders as a model to serve and respect others.
– Has strong foundation/ knowledge of catholic beliefs
- Lifelong learner
– Uses critical thinking skills to accomplish tasks and solve problems
– Values personal achievements and exceeds expectations
- Productive Citizen
– Serves their community with their time, talent, and treasure
– Appreciates and accepts diversity with compassion
- Aspiring leader
– Communicates and initiates solutions for the benefit of others
– Cooperates and innovates in challenging settings
Catholic doctrines and tradition, Bible Study, Social Justice, preparation for the reception of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist are the main spiritual elements for all students. Eucharistic celebrations and feast days are held throughout the school year.
TK uses Happily Ever After. K through 2nd use Superkids. 3rd through 8th use Achieve3000 Literacy.
TK uses McGraw Hill MyMath Learning Solution. Kinder through 8th use the McGraw Hill Reveal program.
Full Focus Physical Education program appropriate for grade levels, Movement, and Health and Safety
History, Geography, Economics, Current Events. 6th through 8th grade use the TCI Social Studies program.
STEMscopes is used in all grades, TK-8.
Music, Music History, Art, and Art History, Art Trek
Lego Robotics, Lego Education Spike, STEMscopes
Adaptive Software Details
TK through 2nd use Smarty Ants. 3rd through 8th use RedBird ELA.
TK uses DreamBox. Kinder through 7th use RedBird Math. 8th grade uses ALEKS.
For more curriculum information, refer to the school handbook.