Our Lady of Talpa School holds sacred its responsibility and privilege to educate children in the Catholic, Vincentian tradition. We serve students from Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade in a welcoming, safe, and supportive environment. Our qualified and committed faculty and staff nurture the whole child and guide all of our students to set and work toward academic and personal goals for a lifetime of learning.
All of our faculty and staff partner with parents, the primary educators of our children, to prepare students to advance to high school and college as qualified and competent scholars and leaders.
Our Lady of Talpa holds our children to high academic and moral standards and delivers personal attention to each student so that all of our children may reach their full potential. We believe in the value of education and are honored to be co-ministers of it, and we believe in our students.
Our Lady of Talpa School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA). Our school curriculum follows Archdiocesan and California State Standards and provides instruction in Religion, Math, Language Arts (Reading, Writing, English, and Spelling), Social Studies, and Science. Students receive weekly instruction in Music, Art, Physical Education, and STEM.
Our Lady of Talpa School provides a Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten program that follows the structure described below:
- The first year of our two-year Kindergarten program is Transitional Kindergarten, which we call “TK.”
- Children who are 4 years old by September 1 are eligible to enroll in TK.
- TK follows a curriculum that the Archdiocese of Los Angeles created specifically for Transitional Kindergarten programs. The curriculum has an emphasis on the developmental stages of 4 and 5-year-old children.
- The second year of our two-year program is Kindergarten, which we call “Kinder.”
- Children who will be 5 years old by September 1 are eligible to enroll in Kinder.
- Kinder follows an academic Kindergarten curriculum.
Benefits of Transitional Kindergarten
- Transitional Kindergarten boosts student readiness for Kindergarten by ensuring children possess the skills they are expected to know when they enter Kindergarten.
- Transitional Kindergarten gives students an extra advantage by preparing them developmentally, academically, socially and emotionally to thrive in Kindergarten and 1st grade.
- Transitional Kindergarten provides a solid educational foundation that is necessary for children to grow each year as life-long learners.
- Transitional Kindergarten bridges the gap between Pre-School and Kindergarten.
In addition to the core subjects, we also offer Title I services for students who qualify. Please contact the school office for more information.